Last Updated: March 18, 2015
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect information from you in various ways. We collect personal information you directly provide to us online, in our stores and through your other interactions with us. For example, we collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, demographics and other information you provide us or allow us to collect from you. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect from you.
When you visit our Sites, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Sites your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and referring Web site addresses are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage of and activity on our Sites and your use of the services that are included in our Sites and are available via your mobile phone.
Web Beacons: We may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons, or "gifs", are electronic images that may be used on our Sites or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
We use third party cookies and web beacons to help us compile aggregated statistics about our Sites. We receive assurances from those third parties that they will not collect or access your personal information on our Sites.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the personal information we collect for the purposes described in this Policy or as disclosed to you in other ways including on our Sites, in our stores or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- provide and deliver products and services;
- send you information related to products and services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- upon your prior consent, communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events and other news about products and services offered by Columbia;
- operate and improve our Sites and services;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- manage and administer our community features and member programs and services;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service; and
- link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Columbia may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries outside of the EEA, which may not offer an adequate level of protection for your personal data. By providing information about yourself to us, you consent to Columbia transferring your data to these countries. [Columbia takes reasonable steps to ensure that, once transferred, your personal information is secure and used only in accordance with this policy.]
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Certain sections of our Sites are designed as open and public community areas for connecting and sharing with other people. When you sign up for or participate in these areas you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself that may be displayed publicly along with photos, stories, posts, and other information you choose to provide. We may also post or publish your information when you submit comments, stories, photos and videos in connection with surveys, contests or promotions offered on the Sites.
We work closely with Supplies Distributors SA, rue Louis Blériot 5, 4460 Grâce-Hollogne ("PFS"), our European product reseller. We may share your personal information with PFS for the purposes of customer sales, order fulfillment and the delivery of Columbia products and services in Europe. Columbia also involves carefully selected third party service providers located worldwide, who will process your personal information for the purpose of technical support services to Columbia and who are bound to Columbia by data processing agreements.
We do not otherwise share your personal information with third parties except as follows:
- in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not directly identify you;
- with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
- in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Columbia takes appropriate measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
We may communicate with you by post or by e-mail, SMS, MMS or other electronic means in accordance with your contact preferences and this policy.
You may opt out of receiving promotional material from Columbia at any time. If you wish to opt of receiving promotions by email, you may follow the instructions in those emails to opt out. If you choose to opt out of promotional emails, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
For further information about our Policy or privacy practices, to send requests about your contact preferences or to make changes to your information you can contact us by
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or by writing us at:
Columbia Sportswear Company
Attn: Ecommerce 14375 N.W. Science Park Dr.
Portland, OR 97229
You may also use these contact details at any time to exercise your right to prevent the use of your personal information for marketing purposes (as outlined in this policy) or your right to access or modify the personal information that we hold about you.
Columbia Sportswear complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Columbia Sportswear has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Columbia Sportswear’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Columbia may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Updated" date above.